VANCOUVER 2010-11 COLLECTION
FOLDER 15 - CHINATOWNDR. SUN YAT SEN PARK, JUNE 16/2011
FOLDER 15 COMMENTARY1. Track ID @ intro, people speaking nearby at the beginning of the take, many tourists & visitors walking through the park, plane overhead from 0:30 to 2:00, people speaking what I believe is German language, the din of the city traffic can be heard at all times, lots of birds chirping, wind noise at around 4:50-5:00, French speaking tourists at around 5:40, duck splashing in the pond at 6:50
2. The walk begins at Main St and there is a track ID @ intro, I am walking on the south side of the road, traffic sounds, idling car at 1:20, intersection chirp at 2:00, wind noise at 2:20, loud car at 2:40, intersection chirp at 3:05 (Columbia St), bus at 3:40, horn at 4:37, truck passes at 4:46, crossing Carrall St at 5:20, loud machine noise increasing toward the end of the take, finish the walk at Taylor St.
3. Begin the walk at Keefer & Columbia walking east on Keefer St on the north side of the road, track ID @ intro, various traffic sounds and people chatting, fairly windy day, truck at 1:43, wind peak at 2:00, car alarm at 2:06 - disarm beep, truck at 2:40 - Main St crossing, shop music at 3:15, car starts at 3:58, car horn at 4:09, shop music at 4:24, track ID - finish at Gore St at 5:00.
4. Walking west on Keefer St starting at Gore on the south side of the road, track ID @ intro, store music at 0:20, wind noise and car at 0:35, store music at 1:15, footsteps at 2:10, car at 2:21, track ID @ 2:25 - finish at Main St.
5. Begin at Pender & Columbia, walk on Pender east toward Main on the north side of the road, track ID @ intro, crosswalk beep at 0:08, store music at 0:44, bike passes at 0:51, bird chirping at 1:20, voices & conversation at 1:20, wind at 1:30 (!), cough at 1:44, crosswalk beep at 1:50, bus at 2:00, track ID @ end - finish at MAIN (I say Pender in the recording -- I mean to say Main St! yikes!)
6. Standing on the north-west corner of Main & Pender, track ID @ intro, intersection beep at 0:34 (and throughout), wind at 0:52, basket being rolled at 1:25, truck passes at 1:50, various conversation throughout, bike passes at 2:30, cough at 2:55, brake squeak at 3:04 (bus), bus brakes at 3:55 & 5:05, Spanish language conversation at 4:10.