VANCOUVER 2010-11 COLLECTION
FOLDER 3 - Whistler/BlackcombWHISTLER VILLAGE, JUNE 7/2010
1. Village Soundwalk, 9:10
2. Gondola lift @ Whistler, 2:07
4. Atop Blackcomb Mountain, 2:07
5. Blackcomb Mountain Gondola Station, 2:14
FOLDER 3 COMMENTARY1. *Soundwalk*, track ID @ intro, overcast sky & windy, people, voices scattered about, bicycle bell @ 0:55, children playing @ 1:00, conversation & laughter @ 1:30, door opening/closing @ 1:55, truck engine @ 2:40, @ 4:00 my friends are talking about sounds and asking me if I'm recording, 4:30 - passing by restaurant patios with music and voices, @ 6:30 bird chirping, @ 7:30 we approach the Whistler gondola as we pass the final restaurant (music, voices, *wind*), bike passes @ 7:35, expletive at 8:30, music is a prominent part of the soundscape at the base of the gondola in the square.
2. Gondola ride up Whistler mountain, track ID @ intro, camera snapping: taking photos, 1:36 bird "chirping (signals power "on" on my friends' camera), loud rumbling @ various points (i.e. 1:29, 1:35) is the gondola going past a support post.
3. Track ID @ intro, cloudy day - lots of snow, just outside the lift exit, children playing in the snow, canned music being played from the restaurant, end with track ID (elevation 1800 ft).
4. Track ID @ intro, sound of snow beneath my feet as I walk toward lookout point, much less people here than @ Whistler Mountain, at 0:48 I spotted a mountain beaver and called my friends attention to it (see photo), (it caught me by surprise - I thought it was a possum) (!).
5. Track ID @ intro, cloud cover atop the mountain, walking into the station and almost immediately onto the gondola (@ 0:45), door closes at 1:00, gondola moves out of the station at 1:25 and is being freely suspended, footsteps @ 1:53.