VANCOUVER 2010-11 COLLECTION
FOLDER 7 - Commercial DriveWORLD CUP ON COMMERCIAL DRIVE, JULY11/2010
1. Halftime Soundwalk, 4:48
3. Commercial & Victoria Soundwalk, 10:46
4. Commercial Drive Soundwalk, 19:53
FOLDER 7 COMMENTARY1. Track ID @ intro, begin at Grant St walking North, Vuvuzelas at intro (!), chanting - Spanish supporters @ 0:40, crosswalk 'chirping' @ 1:15, air horn @ 1:39, in-game announcer @ 1:50 (passing a bar with an open window - the game just began and I missed the first minute of play), truck engine at 2:30, same announcer - different bar @ 3:05, horn/screaming at 3:35, vuvuzela @ 4:12.
2. Track ID @ intro, Spain just won the World Cup (!), airhorns @ 0:55, many people crowding the streets - roads are closed, chanting @ 1:50, an interesting blend of electroacoustic crowd from broadcast and live crowd @ aprox 3:00, airhorn @ 4:30, bike bells @ 5:40, cheering Spain fans @ 6:20, end with track ID "(soundwalk to) end at 1st" (avenue).
3. Track ID @ intro, at around 1:20 I arrive at Victoria, step on a sewer at 1:58, cars begin to pass on Victoria, high pitched buzzing beginning at around 2:40 is a power washer, people pass at around 3:00, schoolyard & park on 4th at 4:15, I snap 2 photos at the park and school at 4:36, a vacuum sound from a house that's being renovated at 5:25, car passes on 4th st at 6:00, track ID @ 6:54 "approaching Commercial", loud motorcycle passes at 7:36, I arrive back to 2nd st at 9:00, at 9:40 there's hammering sounds, which is a renovation to a house, car passes at 10:17, track ID @ end.
4. Soundwalking north on Commercial drive on the West side of the road, track ID @ intro, street ambience - traffic, voices, etc, intersection beep at 2:00, man asks me to speak with him about Doctors Without Borders, plane overhead at 3:25, music from restaurant at 3:40, pass a Jamaican restaurant at 5:00, bus lowers hydraulic suspension to allow elderly person to get on at 6:25, loud motorcycle passes at 7:14, someone sees me recording as they pass and say "turn that off" at 7:18, track ID @ 8:00 "First Ave", music from ghetto blaster/busker at 8:45, plane overhead at 9:08, idling truck at intersection at 10:30, track ID @ 11:02 "crossing Grant", cyclist passes at 11:30, child's voice at 11:55, track ID @ 12:07 "crossing Kitchener St", bus stop at 13:00, track ID @ 13:10 "crossing Charles", track ID @ 14:27 "crossing William", child's voice at 15:26, track ID @ 15:48 "passing Napier", track ID @ 17:00 "crossing Parker", track ID @ 18:30 "crossing Venables", track ID @ 19:36 "arriving at Adanac".