WATERFRONT / CP WHARF Sept. 13, 1972
1. HARBOUR AMBIENCE, near steamer at dock 26'10"
2. HARBOUR AMBIENCE 3'40"
3. " ", different position 3'45"
REEL 2 COMMENTARY
1. Steady-state broadband sound from idling passenger steamer (mainly right hand channel). Waves in foreground, otherwise little other foreground sounds. Intermittent gulls, seaplanes. Compare L with R channel for general wharf background (L) and steamer background (R). Fair amount of wind on microphones throughout.
*1'50" seaplane flying over, not very prominent because of general loud ambience.
4'00" distant voice.
8'00" waves and creaking wharf pilings.
*11'55" arpeggiated musical signal (dinner bell) from steamer.
*17'20" loud ferry whistle with great single echo.
17'35" distant train whistle.
*20'00" seaplane taking off.
*22'15" another seaplane passes overhead. Less noise from steamer until end of take.
2. Starts with seaplane in progress. Mostly water sounds in foreground and general city hum.
3. This was recorded from a different position, no water sounds, just distant city throb and hum.
1'10" distant voices.