DOWNTOWN SOUNDWALK Feb. 12, 1973
1. HOTEL VANCOUVER, continued from reel 28 12'10"
2. ROBSON STREET STORES 1'20"
3. " " " 1'55"
REEL 29 COMMENTARY
1. Some interesting changes of ambience as the recordist walks through a variety of spaces, each with its own special qualities. Quite a range of these, from subdued and expensive atmosphere of the top floor to the hustle and bustle of the kitchen. Take opens with long fade-in. Microphones are pointing out of a window in the top floor of the hotel. Quite a roar, partly from construction reaches all the way up there!
3'35" recordist turns and walks down corridors, and through various changes in ambience.
7'25" elevator arrives, recordist enters and descends.
*7'55" exit elevator, nice sense of door opening to crowds of people. Walk through Spanish Grill to kitchen.
9'45" walking to restaurant.
10'00" out Tinker Club.
Walk ends at phone booth area, "ding" of coin.
2. Nice ambience changes between the snarl of traffic and the relatively protected interiors of the stores.
0'10" entering Murchie's coffee store.
0'20" coffee grinder.
0'55" ambience change.
3. Entering O'Brien opticians. Moozak and an ultrasonic warning system, quiet and slick sounding space.
2'25" exit optician's place.
2'35" enter Prinz delicatessen, much more busy ambience, cooler hum and cash register.