VANCOUVER ISLAND March 16, 1973
1. ON THE FERRY, PRINCESS OF VANCOUVER, rattling air vent 0'55"
2. ON THE FERRY, in the bar 13'55"
3. ON THE FERRY, cafeteria 14'55"
REEL 52 COMMENTARY
1. Incredible noise, it rattles intermittently, sound reverberates inside duct. Quite interesting.
2. Walking inside, doors rattling and heavy low frequencies. Then inside men's washroom, taking a leak, washing hands, using soap, pulling down towel.
1'50" leaving men's room, moving into bar and sitting down for a drink.
There are continuous low frequencies throughout, fairly raucous conversation and a very shrill woman's voice cuts through the din.
*8'50" bottles rattling for a moment on the table (continues intermittently).
10'40" p.a. announcement.
13'45" "I say, it's sure noisy in here, isn't it?"
3. In the cafeteria, about a dozen people, but only one conversation intelligible. Teacups rattling throughout.
*4'30" soundscapers join in the conversation.
*12'05" moving to deck lounge -- passengers all talking about flares dropping outside, for some rescue operation. Fixtures rattling and heavy low frequencies throughout.