FALSE CREEK March 21, 1973
[false take, 3"]
1. VANCOUVER PLANETARIUM, inside 1'08"
2. " " , outside 0'40"
3. STARLINGS UNDER BURRARD BRIDGE 3'50"
4. CONSTRUCTION AND CRANE 6'30"
5. INDUSTRIAL AMBIENCE UNDER GRANVILLE BRIDGE 2'20"
6. " " " " " 1'20"
REEL 72 COMMENTARY
1. Recordists expecting to record unique echoing ambience of the lobby, hear instead a double dose of schizophonia: recorded frogs from the wildlife display downstairs, and drooling moozak in the lobby itself. Such is life!
2. In front of fountain, which was off. Not very interesting.
3. A favourite roosting place for several hundred starlings, singing (or screaming) high above the roaring traffic. Good take!
4. Between Burrard and Granville Bridges, north side of False Creek. High whistle of crane and background roar of construction with many crescendos and decrescendos. Nice variety of construction noises.
1'00" airplane overhead.
5. A dense texture of sound, recorded by a concrete assembling plant with an outdoor crane which was squeaking. Note the starlings, barely but definitely audible through some of the densest sections.
1'30" truck passes by.
6. Waiting for train.
0'30" train bell, followed by sharp toot, beautiful (B.C. Hydro train whistle).
1'10" engine winds up, distortion.
Generally very noisy background ambience.