Effective key management processes are in place to maintain our database for an inventory designed for a wide range of rapidly changing university needs.
How to Order a Key
1. Fill out a Campus Security Card / Fob / Key Requisition form and ensure that all information is filled out:
- key holder’s name
- SFU ID number
- requesting department
- door number and building name
- account code information is filled out (if required)
- authorized by the departmental signing authority
2. Authorized signing authorities may complete the form electronically and email it to email@example.com or send it via inter-campus mail to Access Control located in room 1300 of Discovery 1. From time of receipt, we require a minimum of 2 business days to process the requisition. Expect longer wait times during the beginning of each semester.
3. Come to room 1300 in Discovery 1 to pick up your key after 2 p.m. at least 2 business days after the request has been submitted (or anytime thereafter within the current semester)
Bring your identification and funds to cover your refundable deposit fee (and service charge if applicable). We accept cash, debit, Visa and MasterCard.
Note: We hold the key requisition for the current semester, after week 4 of the following semester we will audit unclaimed requisitions before returning the key to inventory. If the key is still required, you need to submit a new requisition.
Important Notes for Keyholders:
- A person may have only one key per door
- The key may not be passed on to another person
- The key remains the property of SFU
- The key must be returned to this office ONLY
- Lost/stolen keys must be reported to Campus Security immediately