- Undergraduate Admission
- Canadian high school
- International High School Students
- USA high school
- Indigenous students
- College/university transfer
- International Baccalaureate
- Diverse qualifications
- Additional Categories
- Tours & Events
- Fees & Scholarships
- Student Experience
- FAQs & Connect
- Academic success
- Career and Volunteer
- Student Support and Services
- Covid-19 Response
- Contact Us
- Redirect Bulletins
- Multifaith Centre
- About Us
- Faith Gatherings
- What's Happening
We understand COVID-19 has impacted us all in many ways and we are here to help you.
Below you will find supports and resources available to help with your mental health and well-being, personal safety, and self-isolation, should you need it. There is also information on what to do if you need to request an academic concession due to unforeseen circumstances during this time.
RETURN TO CAMPUS
For all COVID-19 related updates at SFU visit our return to campus page.
There are a variety of support options available both virtually and in-person at Health & Counselling.
For COVID-19 support and assistance with complex needs or challenging circumstances, please visit the Office of Student Support, Rights & Responsibilities for more information or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have been impacted by sexual violence, please connect with a Case Manager from the Sexual Violence Support & Prevention Office (SVSPO). The SVSPO can provide assistance and support in various areas. Connect with a Case Manager
- Virtual and in-person support available
- Help with academic, workplace or other accommodations
- Information about personal privacy and confidentiality
- Personalized safety planning
- Information on reporting options available to you and assistance with accessing these options
- Referrals to on- and off-campus support services and resources as needed
9:00am to 4:00pm, closed between 12:30pm to 1:30pm.
- Referral to resources that are open/active on campus
- General information
- Wayfinding on campus
An advisor can support you with various resources and provide guidance to help you stay on top of your academic journey. Log into Advisor Link and make an appointment to speak with an advisor.
- Guidance and support if you're facing academic difficulty
- Advice on degree planning and requirements
- General advice on the progress of your degree
- Referral to resources
- Indigenous Counsellor
- Wellness Program
- Elders Program
- General information
Monday to Thursday 9:30am-3:30pm with closure between 12:30-1:30pm. Friday 10am-3:30pm with a closure between 12:30-1:30pm.
The same hours apply at the SFU Surrey and Vancouver Campus.
Further details on specific types of advising and when they are available to access can be found on the finanial aid website.
- Contact a financial aid advisor if you are seeking financial assistance
Academic concessions are granted at the discretion of your instructor in circumstances that may impact your availability or ability to complete course-related activities. Instructor-granted concessions include things like deadline extensions, makeup exams, and alternate assignments.
Learn more about academic concessions, when you might need to ask for a concession, and how to request one.
- You may experience some other unexpected circumstance, like an accident, a family disruption, or being healthy but in COVID-19 self-isolation/quarantine, which may require you to be absent for a short period.
Since COVID, there have been many challenges that affect students’ ability to travel and arrive in Canada. Although we have seen the easing of travel restrictions, we know that there may still be some concerns or questions about how best to prepare to arrive in Vancouver. We have created a guide to help support you prepare for your arrival!
- Emotional and/or spiritual one on one Chaplain support
- Assistance connecting with your faith community
- Safe space to practice your faith