International student fee policies
International Fees Structure
Fee cohort assignment
- Students admitted to SFU after Fall 2017 are assigned a fee cohort based on their first term of enrollment.
- Students admitted to SFU prior to Fall 2017 may be assigned a fee cohort if their student status changes. Please see below for details.
Fee cohort duration
A cohort is normally in effect for five academic calendar years (September - August). See "Fee cohort changes" below for exceptions.
|First Enrolled Term at SFU||Cohort group||Cohort expires (last year)|
|Fall 2017||Y001||Summer 2022|
|Spring 2018||Y001||Summer 2022|
|Summer 2018||Y001||Summer 2022|
|Fall 2018||Y002||Summer 2023|
|Spring 2019||Y002||Summer 2023|
|Summer 2019||Y002||Summer 2023|
|Fall 2019||Y003||Summer 2024|
|Spring 2020||Y003||Summer 2024|
|Summer 2020||Y003||Summer 2024|
|Fall 2020||Y004||Summer 2025|
|Summer 2021||Y004||Summer 2025|
|Fall 2021||Y005||Summer 2026
|Spring 2022||Y005||Summer 2026|
Fee cohort changes
A student's fee cohort will change if:
- Five academic calendar years have elapsed (September - August); or
- They defer their admission; or
- They reapply to the university after having an academic standing of Required to Withdraw; or
- They reapply to the university after voluntary withdrawal and completing further academic studies at a recognized post-secondary institution during the time of absence; or
- They complete their original program.
For more information regarding exemptions from international tuition fees, please visit: www.sfu.ca/students/records/tuition-fee-assessment.