Urgent and Emergency Medical Care:
HCS will provide urgent/emergency care to all members of the SFU community. Staff and faculty can also access occupational first aid whenever necessary. Inquire at email@example.com.
For Community Leaders:
Supporting Students in Distress Training
As a member of the SFU community, you are in a unique position to recognize and identify students in distress. Responding with interest and concern in a timely manner can be critical in helping students link with resources that can support and assist them. The Supporting Students in Distresss workshop will give participants the tools and know-how to recognize when students are in distress, when they are stepping over boundaries, or when students may be experiencing mental health issues.
Support Over Suicide Training
In Canada, suicide ranks as the second highest cause of death (after auto accidents) amongst university-aged youth. SFU offers suicide prevention training workshops each semester. Our trainers are also available to provide customized training sessions for large and small groups of staff and faculty.
- Critical Incident Awareness
- HCS A-Z Resources
- EFAP: Employee and Family Assistance Program: This SFU program provides confidential, professional assistance to help faculty and staff, and their spouses and dependants resolve problems that affect their personal lives or work performance.
- Healthy Campus Champions
- Wellbeing in Learning Environments
- Wellbeing in Academic Settings
- Creating Coonditions for Well-Being
For Your Students:
- How to book a Doctor's Appointment
- How to book a Counselling Appointment
- After Hours Crisis Centre Online Chat
Learning Skills & Managing Stress:
- Wellness Wheel Quiz
- HCS Audio: Guided Meditation, Progressive Muscle Relaxation, Body Scan
- HCS Mobile App Collection
- Bouncing Back online course: An online course on Canvas, open to any SFU student for free
- SFU Student Learning Commons Workshops
- SLC Handout: Time Management
- Work/Life Balance Quiz
- Antidepressant Skills For Work
- Stress in the Workplace: We all find ourselved under stress at work sometimes - learn what you can do about it, the top 10 workplace stressors, how to tackle burnout, and some tried and true stress stoppers
HCS Groups & Workshops:
- Managing Academic Distress Workshop
- Free Meditation and Yoga Classes
- Stress 101
- Far From Home Support Group
- ACT on Anxiety
- Better Coping
- Skills For Successful Self Management
This SFU program provides confidential, professional assistance to help faculty and staff, and their spouses and dependants resolve problems that affect their personal lives or work performance.