- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- Get Support
- Find Resources
- Ask questions on LiveChat
- Drop in Virtually
- Download My SSP
- Connect with a doctor or nurse
- Self-Guided: Well-being & Resilience
- Identity & Community
- Find the Health Peers
- For Indigenous Students
- For Black Students
- For International Students
- For Disabled & Neurodivergent Students
- Explore Support Options
- What's Happening
- Faculty & Staff
- Graduate Students
Studying in a new country has many challenges. At Health & Counselling, you can find relevant support options as an international student, including one-on-one support, or groups to connect and meet with others.
The Transition Case Manager helps with:
- Providing students with support and referrals
- Helping students reach their academic potential to maximize positive outcomes
When connecting with students, the Transition Case Manager will listen to the student's case, offer support, connect the student with resources, and hope to facilitate positive solutions and outcomes. The Transition Case Manager will also explain that there are limitations to what can be done, so that expectations are reasonable.
How a Transition Case Manager can help you:
- Find social and emotional supports
- Connect with Health & Counselling resources
- Learn about on and off-campus services
What can I talk about with the Transition Case Manager?
The Transition Case Manager is here to support students from international pathways (both undergraduate and graduate) and their transition into and out of SFU. Transition can mean many things as students can face an array of challenges while at SFU. Some of the areas the Transition Case Manager can support students in are:
- Family dynamics/family pressures
- Mental health
- Intercultural communication
- Social and recreational supports and activities
- Financial pressures
- Understanding medical systems and services
- Canadian labour market information
- Transition to academic life at SFU
Schedule an appointment
- Questions by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone to make appointments: 778-782-4615 during office hours
The Transition Case Manager’s physical office is located on the Burnaby campus, but the service is accessible and available to any SFU student on any campus. Appointments can operate virtually or in-person.
Connecting with the Transition Case Manager is only available to students currently residing in BC.
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
"I learned how to improve my talking skills, how to communicate, and do a presentation since it is difficult for an international student."
"The Transition Case Manager recomended me to different resources on campus which helped me build a better mental health and learning condition."
"Ricky really helped me during my tough times at SFU. He is the most generous one."
"Ricky is a great listener with great energy and applicable strategies."
Meet, Greet and Eat?
In collaboration with Creative Collective and the Global Student Centre, "Meet, Greet, and Eat" is a safe and inclusive space for students to hang out, meet new people, eat lunch together, and participate in fun and creative activities including crafts and games.
View scheduled events below: