- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- Get Support
- Find Resources
- What's Happening
- Health Peers
- Meet, Greet, and Eat
- Creative Collective
- Suicide Awareness and Prevention Workshops
- Managing Expectations: A Workshop
- Move Together
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Faculty & Staff
- Graduate Students
Don't eat lunch alone - join other students and meet for crafts and more!
Meet, Greet and Eat?
In collaboration with Creative Collective and the Global Student Centre, "Meet, Greet, and Eat" is a safe and inclusive space for students to hang out, meet new people, eat lunch together, and participate in fun and creative activities including crafts and games.
No material? No problem!
Our creative crafts will use supplies that are commonly found in every student's home! All activities are optional.
Enjoy doing crafts or simply hang out and connect with others.
All students are welcome!
How does it work?
- Monday May 16 – 12:30pm to 1:30pm: Flower Pot Painting: Join us at the GSC (AQ 2013) to paint flower pots for your favorite plants (**in-person event)
- Tuesday May 31 – 12pm to 1:00pm: Colour and Chat: Join us to in a group colouring creation while chatting various topics!
- Monday June 13 – 12:30pm to 1:30pm: Kahoot Wellbeing Game: Join us for a game of Kahoot on wellbeing! *Prize available for top score!
- Tuesday June 28 - 12pm to 1:00pm: Mindful Art Creation: Join us at the GSC (AQ 2013) to create some mindful art to de-stress (**in-person event)
- Monday July 11 - 12:30pm to 1:30pm: Rock Painting: Join us at the GSC (AQ 2013) to paint rocks for creative uses (**in-person event)
- Tuesday July 26 – 12pm to 1:00pm: Gratitude Notes: Express gratitude in creative ways
Each session consists of a range of facilitators who are happy to have a conversation on a wide range of topics including tips and strategies while at SFU. Facilitators include:
(1) Transition Case Manager, who provides specific support for students from international pathways
(2) HCS Health Promotion Special Project Assistant, is a current student who provides programs in promoting a health campus community
Register by completing the WebSurvey. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Ricky Tu at email@example.com.
If you're a grad student, check out Meet, Greet, and Eat - Graduate Student Edition. See more
Summer 2022 Schedule
Flower Pot Painting
Monday, May 16 | 12:30pm to 1:30pm | Global Student Centre - AQ 2013
Colour and Chat
Tuesday, May 31 | 12:00 to 1:00pm | Zoom
Kahoot Wellbeing Game
Monday, June 13 | 12:30pm to 1:30pm | Zoom
Mindful Art Creation
Tuesday, June 28 | 12:00 to 1:00pm | Global Student Centre - AQ 2013
Mon, July 11 | 12:30 to 1:30pm | Global Student Centre - AQ 2013
Tuesday, July 26 | 12:00 to 1:00pm | Zoom
Check out Upcoming Session for any updated times or changes to the sessions.
Meet new people
Participate in crafts
Chill and eat together
Play games with others
Each session consists of a range of facilitators who are happy to have a conversation on a wide range of topics including tips and strategies while at SFU.
Ricky is HCS' Transition Case Manager, who provides specific support for students from international pathways.
Samar is a third year international student. He is a Health Promotion Special Project Assistant with a major in Health Sciences. As part of the Health Promotion team, he aims to create a safe and non-judgemental space for the overall wellbeing of international students, where they can express their opinions and convictions freely. As a South Asian, he seeks to break the societal norms that create stigma associated with race, ethnicity, identity and religion. Samar is passionate about gender equity, cultural mindfulness and mental health.