- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- Get Support
- Find Resources
- Ask questions on LiveChat
- Drop-in Virtually
- Download My SSP
- Connect with a doctor or nurse
- Drugs & Alcohol
- Self-Guided: Well-being & Resilience
- Identity & Community
- Find the Health Peers
- Hi-FIVE Movement and Anti-Stigma
- For Indigenous Students
- For Black Students
- For International Students
- Explore Support Options
- What's Happening
- Health Peers
- Meet, Greet, and Eat
- Creative Collective
- Suicide Awareness and Prevention Workshops
- Managing Expectations: A Workshop
- Move Together
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Faculty & Staff
- Graduate Students
Join our weekly walk and movement group this summer!
What is it?
This is a low-barrier, gender-inclusive, movement-based group activity aimed to improve the health and well-being of the campus community by supporting holistic health; physically, emotionally, and socially through connections. Walk with doctors and nurses as well as students and staff and let’s move our bodies around beautiful campus scenery and great conversation.
Where and when is it?
Participants can meet in Convo Mall (by the water fountain) at 1:30PM for a chat about a relevant health and wellness topic (Example: Sun safety) – Then, get moving! Proceed as a group for a mindful tour and chat along a designated campus path.
Who can join?
This event is for all SFU and FIC students. Weekly health and wellness topics are led by doctors, nurses, Health & Counselling staff
Know before you go
- Be sure to wear weather-appropriate clothing and footwear for your comfort (closed toe shoes, jacket or sun gear)
- Bring water to keep hydrated (especially in hot weather)
- Wear sunscreen
- Feel free to bring a light snack, if desired
Accessibility Note: Please be aware there may be some gravel paths, hills, or declines/inclines and we may have paths and routes interrupted by construction. At times, we may also head through the forest where the terrain can be uneven.
Please proceed using your discretion and wear the appropriate clothing and footwear for varied movement. Everyone can go at their own pace and do what they are comfortable with. You don’t have to attend for the entire session.
- June 9: Mindfully Moving - meet by the water fountain amidst the Convocation crowds, look for our Red T-shirts
- June 16: Barb Nurse with Summer Skin hazards
- June 23: Having Balanced Spiritual health
- July 7: Walking alone? Safety with Sharn (SVSPO)
- July 14: Doctor M’s career story and the ups and downs of getting there
- July 21: Sports…the most and least competitive (and anywhere in-between)
- July 28: Dr. Vosloo and plant based nutrition
Check out Upcoming Session for any updated times or changes to the sessions.
Deborah is a Registered Clinical Counsellor and passionate about supporting students wherever they're at in their personal mental health journey. Her previous roles at SFU involved academic advising and program planning for new students, which fostered her appreciation for the variety of unique needs across a diverse student population. As an Access Case Manager, Deborah is curious to learn about the details of your individual concerns so that she can connect you with the best fit resource to support you.