Need to contact us?
For documents and enrollment information:
When you contact us, please give us your student number.
You will receive your enrollment appointment date and time — letting you know the first time you can enroll — in an email in late March.
- Log in at goSFU with your computing ID and password.
- Either look at Account Inquiry in the main window (the "Student Center" or click on Self Service in the top drop-down menu and go to "Campus Finances" to check if your "Overall Balance" is -$250. That shows that the $250 has been paid, which will allow you to enroll.
- Check your Enrollment Appointment time, either in the Enrollment Dates box on the right side of the screen or under Enrollment.
- Check Class Search / Browse Catalog to see if you have prerequisites for the courses you are planning to enroll in and to check the time, day, and location of your chosen courses.
- Enroll in classes on or after your Enrollment Appointment date.
- You can continue to add or swap classes until the end of the first week.
- You may drop classes after enrolling in them, but you should be aware of the potential academic and/or financial penalties, depending on when you drop a course. See Deadlines.
- Note that students in Surrey cohorts (such as FASS One, Science Year One) are normally expected to be enrolled at a minimum in their cohort core courses for each term of the cohort program.
- See more information on enrolling in Surrey courses. Please see your cohort advisor if you have any concerns about your enrollment.
- After courses are added, swapped, or dropped, always check My Class Schedule to see if those courses were successfully added, swapped, or dropped.
If you are expecting a refund related to a Scholarship, Award, Bursary or Overpayment, you must enroll in Direct Deposit to get your refund.
Direct Deposit refunds are processed weekly as compared to a refund by cheque printed monthly.
To get your refund:
- Enroll in Direct Deposit at least five (5) business days before the refund date.
- Complete the Online Refund Request at goSFU, under Finances.
- Check the status of your request in your student account on goSFU at 'View Previous Online Refund Requests'.