- Housing options
- Moving in
- Contact us
- COVID-19 Information
Moving in during COVID-19
Spring 2021 Move-In day begins January 2, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. by appointment
Room selection for spring 2021
Due to the need to ensure that each area has a more limited occupancy in shared spaces, we will not be able to offer room selection. We will try to keep students in room for summer with accepted offers by July 1 in their same room. Otherwise, students will be allocated to their room.
If you are arriving from outside of Canada
Students will need to
- Arrange their 14-day isolation off campus. Due to COVID-19, we require all residents who are coming from outside of Canada to self-quarantine for 14 days prior to moving into Residence and Housing.
- Students will need to register your arrival with SFU and if needed, request support with setting up your isolation plan.
- For SFU Students contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help planning for your self-isolation period.
- For FIC Students please register your plan with FIC.
- For more information and to help you plan your isolation, visit the SFU CARES program (COVID Assistance & Remote Engagement Support) and the International Student Services page.
Vancouver Welcome Guide
Important changes have been made to the move-in process due to COVID-19
- It is mandatory that everyone in residence spaces wear a non-medical mask in all indoor public areas.
- Disposable masks are available at the front desk for those that do not have them.
- Social distancing rules in effect.
- Gatherings of 2-4 people must practice appropriate physical/social distancing as outlined by Health Canada or it will be instructed to end.
Please follow all COVID-19 Move In safe practices
- It is mandatory that everyone in residences is wearing a mask while in communal spaces
- Only students arriving in residence are permitted at check in
- A maximum of 2 people are allowed to assist you while moving in
- Maintain social distancing of 2 meters apart at all times
- Have your identification card and emailed barcode ready prior to check in
- Please use hand sanitizer before entering check in area