Working at Residence and Housing will expose you to the skills you need in your career. With flexible schedules and benefits, each position offers a rewarding and challenging environment with real-life experiences in a welcoming, friendly team oriented environment. Find the opportunity that's right for you.
- We believe your success comes from helping each other learn, grow, and develop
- We provide a fun and comfortable environment with lots of room to gain valuable experiences
- We challenge each other every day to excel in our roles
Area of Interest
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Emergency Case and Risk Management
- Customer Service
- Conference and Event Planning
Working in Residence and Housing (Residence Life and Guest Accommodations) can help prepare you for your career after University and equip you with the people skills you need to succeed in the workplace.
- Become a Leader and Community Builder while,
- Having a good time while preparing you for long term career success
- Develop Real-Life skills such as project and time management
- Build your confidence
Experiences You Can Get
- Organization and time management
- Learn to be a team player
- Transferrable skills such as effective communication, problem solving and working with discretion
- Customer Service
- Liaise with various representatives and departments across campus
- Learn to work in a professional manner and balance a changing work schedule
- Learn to speak with group organizers and customers
- Gain more confidence in your work and skills
- Multi-Tasking: Opportunity to work with a variety of responsibilities
We’re proud to invest in the people we work with. Read some of their stories
Cst. Robert Ennis
RCMP serving in Canada's North
"Working in residence fostered a sense of leadership in my community, something which I still carry with me."
Arts Administrator/Producer and Dance Teacher - Baza Studios
I was able to work alongside my colleagues in a professional manner and balance a changing work schedule, and my school responsibilities.
Clinical Program Coordinator/Assistant, BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
"The work experience I gained helped my professional development, and I would highly recommend the Conference Coordinator position to anyone looking to gain valuable skills for future pursuits."