- Undergraduate Admission
- Canadian high school
- International High School Students
- USA high school
- Indigenous students
- College/university transfer
- International Baccalaureate
- Diverse qualifications
- Additional Categories
- Tours & Events
- Fees & Scholarships
- Student Experience
- FAQs & Connect
- Academic success
- Career and Volunteer
- Student Support and Services
- Contact us
We understand COVID-19 has impacted us all in many ways and we are here to help you.
Below you will find supports and resources available to help with your mental health and well-being, personal safety, and self-isolation, should you need it. There is also information on what to do if you need to request an academic concession due to unforeseen circumstances during this time.
RETURN TO CAMPUS
For all COVID-19 related updates at SFU visit our return to campus page.
Take care of your personal safety and reach out to a case manager. The Office of Student Support is here to help if you want to discuss your safety and well-being during these unpredictable times. We can assist with the complex needs or challenging circumstances that have the potential to severely impact your academic efforts, personal safety or the safety of others.
For COVID-19 support, please contact us directly at email@example.com
9:00am to 4:00pm, closed between 12:30pm to 1:30pm.
- Referral to resources that are open/active on campus
- General information
- Wayfinding on campus
An advisor can support you with various resources and provide guidance to help you stay on top of your academic journey. Log into Advisor Link and make an appointment to speak with an advisor.
- Guidance and support if you're facing academic difficulty
- Advice on degree planning and requirements
- General advice on the progress of your degree
- Referral to resources
- Indigenous Counsellor
- Wellness Program
- Elders Program
- General information
Monday to Thursday 9:30am-3:30pm with closure between 12:30-1:30pm. Friday 10am-3:30pm with a closure between 12:30-1:30pm.
The same hours apply at the SFU Surrey and Vancouver Campus.
Please note: for the next two weeks between Jan 10-23, an advisor will be physically present on the SFU Surrey campus on Wednesdays only, and on the SFU Vancouver campus it will be Thursday only.
Further details on specific types of advising and when they are available to access can be found on the finanial aid website.
- Contact a financial aid advisor if you are seeking financial assistance
Academic concessions are granted at the discretion of your instructor in circumstances that may impact your availability or ability to complete course-related activities. Instructor-granted concessions include things like deadline extensions, makeup exams, and alternate assignments.
Learn more about academic concessions, when you might need to ask for a concession, and how to request one.
- You may experience some other unexpected circumstance, like an accident, a family disruption, or being healthy but in COVID-19 self-isolation/quarantine, which may require you to be absent for a short period.
We have allocated several classrooms on campus for remote learning. See list of remote learning classrooms
- Students in need of on-campus classrooms to participate in online lectures and seminars during the current two-week shift to remote learning and teaching.
The CARES Program offers support to students who are required to self-isolate due to COVID-19. This includes subsidized accommodation rates, information on meal options, individual support and check-ins, as well as financial assistance.
The CARES Program is available to registered SFU and FIC students (undergraduate or graduate), who are enrolled in classes, and are:
- arriving in Canada, or
- traveling and are now returning, or
- in need of support with a place to self-isolate due to your living situation, and/or need help with a self-isolation plan.