Management & Systems Science
Benefits of a Management and Systems Science Degree
The MSSC program will help you keep pace with rapidly changing technology in modern business and industry.
- You will develop skills that will enable you to solve real problems faced by modern corporations.
- You will design ways to help operations be more effective in today’s market.
- You will meet professionals and acquire contacts in business and industry.
- You will prepare yourself for a great job in the technical side of management.
I believe the MSSC program provides an excellent foundation of business and technical skills opening a wide range of options. I have been in software design, account management and client services management.
-Teresa Richert (SHL System House, Canada)
MSSC Seminar Speakers
Series runs Tuesday evenings 6:30-8:20pm in 2995, September to November.
- Alhan Keser, Senior Conversion Strategist, WiderFunnel Marketing Optimization
- Mischa Steiner-Jovic, CEO Awesense
- Jacqueline Ashby, Learning Environment Researcher
- Erez Maharshak, Telus Michael Atkinson, G+F Financial Group
- Yurik Sandino, Fraser Health Ryan Quee, Quee Consulting Group
- Jocelyn Loi, SFU Career Services (WIL)
- Gwen Litchfield, SFU Co-operative Education (WIL)
- Preet Marwaha, Organic Lives
- Mirjana Maras, BC Hyrdo Bruce Duthie, Coast Capital Savings
- Alastair Nimmons, KPMG Ryan Quee, Quee Consulting Group
- Harry King, Ausenco Sandwell Mark Barry, Earl's Restaurants Ltd.
- Joey Uljevic, AnalysisWorks (MSSC alumnus)
- Mike Torillo, V7 Entertainment (MSSC alumnus)
- Jim Croteau, The Keg Steakhouse & Bar
- Alan Mohr, Department of Fisheries & Oceans (MSSC alumnus)
- Julie Winram, Synovate
- Peter John McFarlane, Habanero Consulting
- Tom Ligocki, Clevest Solutions, Inc.
- Steven Fitzgerald, Habanero Consulting
- Hugh R. Alley, P.Eng, Alco Ventures Inc.
- Dave Fracchia, Radical Entertainment
- Sam Shi, Corinex Communications (MSSC alumnus)
- Chris Smith, ICBC (MSSC alumnus)
- Mark Cunningham, Symmetrics Inc Karthik Sridharan, Accenture (MSSC alumnus)
- Mark Roma & Arlo Ross, Cactus Club Restaurants
- Danny Cheng, Sales Manager, Sunlife
- Luke Cyca, Senior Systems Architect, Zymeworks Inc.
- Cassie Strachan, Career Advisor SFU Career Services
- Kelly Zmak, Radical Entertainment
- Kseniya Stepanova & Felecia Lesmana, Telus (MSSC alumnae)
- Sanda Ho, Entertainment Arts (MSSC alumnae)
- Rajan Johal, Azure Dynamics
- Larry Weldon, Former MSSC Director, SFU Department of Statistics & Actuarial Science (Ret.)
- Clark Ferguson, BC Hydro Bob de Wit, New Ventures BC
- Cameron Young, Triant Ken Simpson, Mailchannels.com
- Gord McNeill, Vision Critical Now Tadek Orlowski, FINCAD Solutions
- Jean Cook, FPInnovations - Forintek Division Max Burke, Electronic Arts (MSSC alumnus)
- Jim Brosseau, Clarrus Consulting Group Inc.
- Chris Simmons, Sophos Canada
- Morley Strachan, TSI Terminal Systems Inc.
- Justine Bizzocchi, Technology Manager, University Industry Liaison Office, SFU
- Richard J. Juren, P.Eng. Director of Engineering at MDA MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates
- Sam Thiara, SFU Beedie School of Buiness Student Affairs Officer
- Bruce Forde, Cambian Business Services
- Neil Currie, Fraser Health Authority