Part Time, Paid Program and Communications Internship
This role will be working on initiatives and programming within the Campus Sustainability portfolio which includes but is not limited to the Sustainable Spaces. This portfolio provides leadership and support for SFU student, faculty, and staff to contribute towards and collaborate on SFU’s 20-year sustainability vision and goals.
About the Role
Reporting to both the Manager of Campus Sustainability , and the Manager of Communications and Engagement, the successful candidate will utilize their outgoing personality to engage with stakeholders on sustainability; develop campaign, and social media materials, capture the events through photo/video and tell the story through website and blog content. The candidate will be an ambassador of the Sustainability Office and will network with SFU staff and community members, therefore the candidate must be very comfortable in public/community settings. This is a part-time, paid position and will run the Spring 2019 semester with possibility of extension to the summer semester.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible work hours and locations (any campus, approximately 10 hours/week)
- $16/hour for undergraduate students, $17/hour for graduate students
- Project ownership and autonomy
- Job-ready skills and coaching
- Networking with other SFU departments and staff members
- Experience working on a small but nimble team with big goals
- Letter of reference upon completion
- Communications and marketing best practices training
- Completed projects for your personal portfolio/resume
- Must be a current SFU student
- Must have your own laptop
- Must be willing to travel to all three campuses
- Third to fourth year or graduate students preferred
- Previous work or project experience delivering engagement programs
- Have experience in (or willingness to learn) communications and social media marketing
- Creative, energetic and self-initiated
- Interest or experience in sustainability or community-based social marketing
*We encourage candidates to apply who don’t meet all of the above criteria.
Please forward your resume and cover letter as one document addressed to Jao Dantes to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis though candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible. The final deadline is midnight on January 6 with interviews taking place the of January 8 -15.
Simon Fraser University is committed to the principle of Employment Equity.