Part Time, Paid Marketing Internship
About the Program
Sustainable Spaces is a certification program that encourages SFU staff collaboration towards SFU’s 20-year sustainability vision and goals. Participants adopt practices that improve ecological, economic and social performance and healthy workplaces.
About the Role
Reporting to both the manager of communications and engagement, and the Sustainable Spaces program coordinator, the successful candidate will utilize their outgoing personality to run a new engagement program targeted toward employees of certified spaces that strives to continue dialogue and engagement amongst staff; develop campaign and promotion materials, capture the events through photo/video and tell the story through website and blog content. The candidate will be an ambassador of the Sustainability Office and will network with SFU staff and community members, therefore the candidate must be very comfortable in public/community settings. This is a part-time, paid position and will run the fall 2018 semester with possibility of extension to the winter semester.
What’s in it for you?
Flexible work hours and locations (approximately 10 hours/week)
- Flexible work hours and locations (any campus, approximately 10 hours/week)
- Project ownership and autonomy
- Job-ready skills and coaching
- Networking with other SFU departments and staff members
- Experience working on a small but nimble team with big goals
- Letter of reference upon completion
- Communications and marketing best practices training
- Completed projects for your personal portfolio/resume
- Must be a current SFU student or recent graduate
- Must have your own laptop
- Must be willing to travel to all three campuses
- Recent graduate or third to fourth year or graduate students preferred
- Previous work or project experience delivering engagement programs or public relations
- Social media and digital marketing savvy
- Adobe and design experience
- Creative, energetic and self-initiated
- Video experience and interest in video editing (iPhone is fine)
- Interest or experience in sustainability or community-based social marketing
*We encourage candidates to apply who don’t meet all of the above criteria.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, along with two references (preferably at least one from your Faculty or department) as one document to Kayla Blok at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis though candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Interviews are planned to take place the week of Sept 17. The position will run the fall 2018 semester with possibility of extension to the winter semester.