We're Hiring: Program Support Specialist for the SFU Re-use for Good Initiative
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager of Campus Sustainability, the successful candidate will utilize their program delivery, management, marketing and communications, and personable skills to assist in all program support functions to deliver the new SFU Re-Use For Good initiative on which is a signature zero waste project and a first of its kind institutionally and in Canada. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to explore, research, coordinate logistics, and perform community outreach. Using creative and innovative approaches to the work, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to learn, coordinate, and launch various aspects of the Re-Use For Good initiative.
- This is a part-time, paid contract position. $23/hour for 3-6 months.
- This is a non-office/remote working position; however, the candidate must be available at SFU campuses.
- This position is only offered to current SFU students or recent graduates.
- Start date: ASAP
What is in it for you?
- Project ownership and autonomy
- Job-ready skills
- Networking with other SFU departments, staff members, and community members
- Experience working on a small but nimble team with big goals
- Completed projects for your personal portfolio/resume
- This role is anticipated to be 30% administrative, 70% project support and delivery
- Program administration: organizing and supporting task force meetings, coordinating stakeholder engagement, tracking data and budgets
- Program support and coordination: marketing and communications, liaising with student groups (SFSS, GSS, student groups), developing outreach materials
- Support program research teams
- Managing and monitoring the project Facebook Group, website and other communication channels
- Engaging and responding to social media inquiries, internal and external stakeholders, and community members
- Opportunity to include graphic design, photography, and/or video work to supplement digital and program-based campaigns
- Other tasks as required by the manager
- Bachelor’s degree or current upper level undergraduate and graduate student
- Interest or experience in sustainability
- Self-initiated, creative, and energetic
- Program support and delivery experience (preference for sustainability related program work)
- Social media and digital communications savvy
- Event coordination experience
- Administrative experience
- Interest or experience in delivering engagement programs or public relations
- Interest or experience with analytics and reporting for digital campaigns
- Environmental Science, Business, Communications faculty preferred or equivalent
- Candidate must be an SFU student or recent SFU graduate
*We encourage candidates to apply who do not meet all of the above criteria.
The Sustainability Office is a small yet nimble group of diverse sustainability professionals. The successful candidate will need to be able to work remotely and have access to their own lap top.
The Sustainability Office is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ and differentlyabled people to apply. The Office is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, collaboration, health and wellbeing.