Faculty, researchers and associates of the CSD have significant experience in the international arena. Our geographic areas of international experience include Africa, Latin America, Europe, and the Middle East.
In addition to our research activities, we partner with international development agencies such as Global Affairs Canada and the International Development Research Centre, along with universities and non-profit organizations outside of Canada to collaboratively develop training and knowledge sharing for sustainable communities.
Our international projects include:
- TURKEY: Agrarian Transformation, Agrifood Relationships, and Agroecology (Ongoing)
- AFRICA & LATIN AMERICA: Sustainable Cities International Youth Internships (2015-17)
- GREECE: Community Economic Development Training Program (2016)
- MEXICO: Metropolitan Governance in Mexico: Learning from Canadian and Brazilian experiences (2013-14)
- BOLIVIA: Community Economic Development project (2007-2013)
- LATIN AMERICA: Cooperation, Knowledge, and Development - a North-South Project for Cooperation and Training (2008 - 2011)
- MEXICO: Building Capacity in Community Economic Development (2001-2007)
- UKRAINE: Community Economic Development Project (2004-2007)