Blogs from the Field
Sustainable Cities International Internships Program (SCIIP)
This program ran from September 2015 to March 2017. Applications for the program are now closed.
The Centre for Sustainable Development (CSD) at SFU, along with Sustainable Cities International (SCI) is reaching out to the world through an international youth internship program. The program is designed to support young Canadians to develop professionally and make a difference in urban sustainability and food security in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
Funded by Global Affairs Canada, the program is sending 40 young Canadians to work with municipal governments in Tanzania, Senegal, South Africa, Bangladesh, Mexico and Bolivia for periods of up to six months, in various activities related to sustainable economies and food systems.
To qualify, applicants must be Canadian or Permanent Residents, under the age of 30, and a graduate of a degree or diploma program in a university, college, technical institute, or CEGEP. Interns will receive a travel allowance and living stipend for their time in the host country organization.
- Centre for Global Environmental Culture, Bangladesh
- Autonomous Municipality of Viacha, Bolivia
- Municipal Institute of Planning, Los Cabos
- Municipal Institute of Planning, Colima
- Metropolitan Institute of Planning, Guadalajara
- Institut Africain de Gestion Urbaine, Sénégal
- Tanzania Financial Services for the Underserved Settlement
- The eThekwini Municipality, South Africa