The SFU Tennis Team is a competitive club team that competes against the top varsity and club teams across Canada. These include BC rivals UVIC and UBC, as well as schools across the country including the University of Alberta, University of Toronto, University of Montreal and the University of Western Ontario. In the past 4 years of national competition, SFU has qualified for nationals 3 of those 4 years and twice finished 2nd in the country.
The team also participates in the Pacific Northwest Tennis on Campus league against other competitive club teams from Washington and Oregon. The team has fared very well against its American counterparts, particularly in 2009 when they finished 2nd at Pacific Northwest sectionals and 13th out of 64 teams at US nationals in Phoenix, Arizona.
If you are interested in playing on the team, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We will only consider players who have considerable experience in provincial tournaments or equivalent.
2012-2013 tentative schedule:
October 20th: Exhibition vs UBC
Nov 9th-11th: SFU Invitational. Great West Fitness Club Abbotsford, BC
January 12-13th: Viking Showdown. Bellingham Tennis Club Bellingham, WA
February 1-3: UVIC Invitational
March tbd: Western Canadian National Qualifier
- October 22nd: Exhibition vs. UBC and Western Washington. Sportstown Richmond, BC.
- November 11-13: SFU Invitational. Langley Tennis World Langley, BC
- November 27th: Exhibition @ UBC. UBC Tennis Centre Vancouver, BC
- January 13-14: Viking Showdown. Bellingham, WA
- February 3-5: UVIC invitational. Victoria, BC
- February 24-26: Green & Gold Invitational. Edmonton, AB
- March 9-11 Western Canadian Regional Playoffs. UBC Tennis Centre Vancouver, BC