SFU to foster new relationships in Asia
Wan Yee Lok, University Communications, 778.782.3210, firstname.lastname@example.org
SFU President Andrew Petter will travel to Asia this week to further the university's relationships with Asian universities, partners and alumni. The president will depart on Friday, Oct. 27 and visit Hong Kong, Singapore, Beijing and Shanghai.
“SFU has been a pioneer in forging relationships in China, Hong Kong and Singapore,” says Petter. “By strengthening our ties in Asia, we will provide our students, researchers and community partners with new and exciting opportunities to connect and collaborate on the world stage.”
Petter will be available to speak on the following topics related to the trip and SFU’s work to build new relationships within the Asia Pacific region:
- SFU’s collaboration with Fairchild Group and its discussions around supporting professional development for early childhood educators in Hong Kong and mainland China
- Memorandum of Understanding with Hong Kong Baptist University
- Renewed Memorandum of Understanding and Student Mobility Agreement with Renmin University
- Renewed Student Mobility Agreement with Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- The new regional SFU Engaged Alumni Leadership Award
ABOUT SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY:
As Canada's engaged university, SFU is defined by its dynamic integration of innovative education, cutting-edge research and far-reaching community engagement. SFU was founded 50 years ago with a mission to be a different kind of university, to bring an interdisciplinary approach to learning, embrace bold initiatives, and engage with communities near and far. Today, SFU is Canada's leading comprehensive research university and is ranked one of the top universities in the world. With campuses in British Columbia's three largest cities, Vancouver, Burnaby and Surrey, SFU has eight faculties, delivers almost 150 programs to over 35,000 students, and boasts more than 150,000 alumni in 130 countries around the world.
Simon Fraser University: Engaging Students. Engaging Research. Engaging Communities.