- Faculties & Departments
- Community Programs
- News & Events
- Faculty + Staff
Sign up to receive a weekly highlight of engaging campus events, info sessions and workshops.
There are a wide range of community opportunities available at SFU Vancouver and in the surrounding downtown area. We encourage you to explore our neighborhood and to engage with and support our many neighbors and community partners by volunteering, checking out local shops and restaurants, or attending one of the many great events happening in our area.
Ackery’s Alley Post Transformation Data Collection
The Downtown Vancouver Business Improvement Association (DVBIA) is seeking one or more volunteers to collect post transformation data on Ackery’s Alley, a painted and repurposed alleyway in downtown Vancouver. The position will require both observational techniques and conducting intercept surveys outdoors. This opportunity includes morning, afternoon, and evening shifts, and can start right away. To learn more about the DVBIA and what they do, visit www.dtvan.ca
If you’re interested or for more details on this volunteer opportunity, please contact Kaicea Pitts, Placemaking Coordinator, DVBIA email@example.com or phone 604-685-7811 ext. 212.
Free Haircuts for SFU Vancouver Students, Staff and Faculty at London School of
The London School of Barbering is offering free haircuts to SFU Vancouver students, staff and faculty!
114 W. Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6B 1G8
Hours of Operation:
- Appointments are not required, but they can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 604-685-4122
- Students, staff and faculty should indicate they’re from SFU and present ID if requested
- Haircuts are free to men and women with hair shorter in length (barbers are limited in their abilities to cut longer hair)
- Students, staff and faculty will receive 15% off hairstyling services including haircuts for longer hair and color
- There is no maximum amount of times students, staff and faculty can visit
For questions, please contact Kerry at email@example.com.