Community Participatory Events
The Teaching and Learning Task Force’s information gathering phase (fall 2008) was a scan of the teaching and learning environment at Simon Fraser University. Specifically, it attempted to identify and document existing teaching and learning support within the Faculties and Administrative units, areas of improvement and gaps. Several themes and key issues emerged, which centred on the extent to which, and how, SFU creates, values, supports and celebrates effective teaching and diverse meaningful learning experiences. Our Interim Report:
Outlines the themes and issues raised by SFU Community Members
- Provides an overview of the Task Force and its activities to date
- Contains a draft vision statement and principles
- Describes the information gathering process, and
- Summarizes issues and topics for further discussion.
After reviewing the Interim Report, join the Teaching and Learning Task Force and other members of the SFU community in the upcoming Community Participatory Events at each of the three campuses. Attend a short presentation and then participate in a small group discussion around one of these themes. Have we identified the key issues? Are we heading in the right direction? These events will help us to focus on key issues, clarify our direction and identify our working groups.
E V E N T D E T A I L S
- Burnaby Campus: Friday, January 23: 10 am to 12 pm; Room 126 Halpern Centre
- Vancouver Campus: Monday, January 26: 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm; Room 2945 McLean Lab* (515 W. Hastings)
- Surrey Campus: Tuesday, January 27: 10 am to 12 noon; Room 5380* (Galleria 5000 level)
- Burnaby Campus: Wednesday, February 4: 3 pm to 5 pm; Room 126 Halpern Centre
- Welcome, Presentation and High-level Discussion* (30 minutes)
- Break-out Groups (up to 4) for Focused Discussions (45 minutes)
- Discussion Groups Highlights and Wrap-up (return to large room, 45 minutes)
* Events begin in a large room (indicated above). Break-out group discussions may take place in other rooms. Facilitators will inform you at the event.