Limited Term Lecturer Positions (0.5-1) in Counselling Psychology
The Faculty of Education at Simon Fraser University is seeking applications for Limited Term Lecturers (0.5-1) in the area of Counselling Psychology, September 1, 2019 – August 31, 2020.
The multiple positions require to teach from 4 to 8 courses per year (depending on part-time or full-time load), in Graduate and Undergraduate Programs and related responsibilities. Teaching assignments will be drawn from the scheduled sections of Counselling Psychology. Courses and other related duties may be situated in the Burnaby, Surrey or Harbour Centre campus. Other related duties as assigned.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a doctorate in Counselling, Counselling Psychology, or a closely related discipline.
- In addition, applicants must have professional experience in the practice of counselling, with priority given to those with greater depth of experience.
- Applicants must be registered with a professional counselling association (CPCA, BCACC) or be a registered social worker or psychologist.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team.
SFU is a university that serves students of diverse ethnic, cultural, linguistic and international origins. Therefore, interest and/or experience in working in multicultural and international settings with students of diverse backgrounds is a desired attribute of all applicants.
Applicants are asked to email separate files (Word or PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A signed application letter that includes the description of the applicant’s scholarly interests, teaching experience, and potential contributions to the Faculty, as well as names and contact information of three referees. (If unable to send an application letter with a scanned signature, a signed original should be mailed to: Natalia Gajdamaschko, Chair, Appointments Committee, Faculty of Education, Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive, Burnaby, BC, Canada, V5A 1S6).
- A current curriculum vitae; and
- A scholarly paper, if available.
Deadline for applications is June 14, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please do not ask referees to send letters of reference; they will be contacted directly as needed. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. Simon Fraser University is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified women, men, including visible minorities, persons of aboriginal heritage, persons with disabilities, and LGTBQ-identified persons. The position is subject to availability of funding and final approval by the SFU Board of Governors. Under the authority of the University Act personal information that is required by the University for academic appointment competitions will be collected. For further details see the Collection Notice.