Procurement of Controlled Drugs

Due to Health Canada regulations, investigators using controlled drugs or narcotics for research purposes must apply for a Section 56 exemption pursuant to the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act  for each drug from Health Canada, prior to ordering. For more information and to download an application form visit the Health Canada website and download the Application Form for an Exemption to Use of Controlled Substances for Scientific Purposes

Only once an exemption has been granted, the drug(s) can be purchased from Simon Fraser University. Contact the ACS manger to order.

Contact Information

        ACS Manager

                    TASC 2, Room 6671                           Phone: (778) 782 - 5905
                    8888 University Drive                       Email:  
                    Simon Fraser University                    
                    Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6