Centre for Research on International Education
The primary goals of the Centre are to foster research on international education, promote collaborative and interdisciplinary research, and secure grants for scholarly work in international education. The Centre seeks to become a leading source for research in international education in B.C., Canada, and internationally.
The Centre will bring together researchers, primarily from within the Faculty of Education and others from across the university, with an interest in investigating international education and related issues. The Centre will promote regional, national and international partnerships with other centres, institutes, groups and researchers dedicated to researching the internationalization of education.
The Centre's activities include and are not limited to:
- conferences and workshops, seminars and institutes;
- public lecture series;
- visiting scholars;
- undergraduate and graduate scholarships;
- international exchange programs for academics;
- mobility programs for students and faculty;
- publication of newsletters, conference proceedings, research reports and other material.