Professor of Economics
Department of Economics
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, British Columbia
Canada V5A 1S6
Room: WMC 2684
My textbook: Macroeconomic Theory and Policy (2nd Edition). Free download (about 250 pages); look for it here.
Textbook (3rd Edition) is in progress. Check it out here:
Chapter 1: An Overview
Chapter 2: The Employment of Nations
Chapter 3: Business Cycles
- US. Military Spending
and the Business Cycle, October 2001.
- The Consumer Confidence
Thing, October 2001; see also Rational Pessimism,
by Richard Salsman.
- Wanted: Informed Commentary on Japan, National Post, January 27, 2003 (in response to: Wanted: Banker to 'Inflate' Japan, by Colin Donald).
- Conventional Macroeconomic Wisdom: A Caveat, published online by Webpondo, 2005 (Jul-Sep) No. 17.
- B.C.'s Economic Revival: Good Luck or Good Policy? published online by SFU News, February 2005.
- Bailouts, National Post, June 13, 2005 (in
response to: A Fallacy Big
Enough to Drive a Truck Through, by Buzz Hargrove).
- Interprovincial Trade and the TILMA, October 2007.
- Predatory Lending and the Subprime Mortgage Market, December 2007.
- Regional Development Patterns in Canada, July 2008.
Data and Think-Tanks
Back to the Economics Department
View My Stats