From: Matt Mencel [mailto:MR-Mencel@wiu.edu]
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 11:25 AM
To: zimbra-hied-admins@sfu.ca
Subject: Howdy...

Just seeing if this worked...

Matt Mencel
Western Illinois University

Environment:
Zimbra 5.0.4 Cluster running RHEL4 64bit on 8 Sun X4200 x86_64 servers.

1 - Primary LDAP
2 - MTAs (one runs an LDAP replica)
5 - Mailbox nodes

We have approximately 15,000 users currently loaded and will be adding another 8,000 or so of our accepted students shortly.

We migrated from Groupwise, Sun One Java Calendar, and Outlook/Thunderbird/OE/whatever clients, and Horde IMP Webmail.  We do not support anything but the Zimbra web client...except in certain cases where that is a requirement.  We allow use of IMAP/POP and Connectors...but it's at the users own risk.

Currently running NotifyLINK for Blackberrys...hopefully shifting to BES soon.

We wrote a lot of our own migration scripts to get the calendar data out of Sun and address books from Horde Webmail, etc...

We've written one Zimlet that just sends the user to a web frontend for our NNTP newgroups/BBs.

So that's us...  :)

Matt