From: "Freddie Cash" <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To: "zimbra-hied-admins" <zimbra-hied-admins@sfu.ca>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 4:44:17 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: Load balancers and large deployments?

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Steve Hillman <hillman@sfu.ca> wrote:
> We're doing load balancers as well (F5's), but only for the login page. Once you login, you get directed to "your" mailbox server, which still goes through the load balancer to act as a firewall, but not to do balancing.  SOAP requests for a given user must always be sent to that user's mailbox server, unless you have the HTTP proxy set up, which is introduced in 5.0.5 but is still beta as of 5.0.6
>
> We only have a few hundred users on our system so far (ramping up next month), but we haven't had any reported Zimlet problems.

Doesn't Zimbra come with it's own load-balancing, at least for IMAP
and HTTP?  The admin manual seems to indicate that it does.  The login
box directs the user's connection to their mailbox server, and then
the connection just goes to that server.

I didn't think you could put anything else in front of the mailbox servers.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com