just saying hello

Hi,

I just found out of this list. I'm currently setting up a pilot with Zimbra NE.

Our current setup, cyrus based, exists of about 44.000 accounts and a couple of hundred Exchange accounts. The cyrus setup consists of 6 mailstores connected to an EMC CX400 and CX500. On two sites we have 3 mailstores. We use the Cyrus replication engine to replicate each site to the other site for DR. Currently 2TB in use on the masters. Because of the replication we have also 2TB on SATA disks.
Our users use Horde webmail, IMAP, POP, ...
We have perdition for imap/pop routing. Linux LVS loadbalancing for HA for the proxies and webmail servers.

We don't have a calendering system, nor shared mailboxes, nor mobile support. (Except IMAP idle.)

I'm a big Cyrus fan :).  All in all our setup is stable and mature.

But because of the lack of support for mobiles, calendering, shared mailboxes we are looking at Zimbra.

We have a small Exchange setup, but that is supported by an other group. We are looking at Zimbra as an alternative.

We also use Ironports as edge MTA and do spam scanning on them.

That's it for now. I hope to find this list helpful and maybe I can even be helpful after some time.

Rudy
Rudy Gevaert          Rudy.Gevaert@UGent.be          tel:+32 9 264 4734
Directie ICT, afd. Infrastructuur ICT Department, Infrastructure office
Groep Systemen                    Systems group
Universiteit Gent                 Ghent University
Krijgslaan 281, gebouw S9, 9000 Gent, Belgie               www.UGent.be