Re: imapsync's --maxage flag

Hi John,
	Heh.  Yes, there was.  That's one of the reasons we kept a sliding
window with the --minage flag: to try and minimize the number of
messages that customers would be modifying during preparations for the
migration.  We started out with a minage of 30, I believe, then worked
that down to 14 once we'd gotten the bulk of the "historical" mail
copied and then in the final two weeks we shortened that down to 7, with
the goal being that for the 12 hours we were going to be down, we'd be
migrating only the last week's worth of mail.
	Generally, our philosophy was that if the mail's been in your mailbox
for 2 weeks, there's a good chance it's in whatever folder you plan on
ignoring it in for the message's lifetime.  Obviously, that's not true
for everyone, but we didn't have very many complaints.
	The complaint we did have was from maybe a half-dozen customers who
went out two or three days before the final migration, deleted the last
5 years worth of mail they decided wasn't really critical and then were
a little bent when the logged into the new system and it was all there
again.  You move that much mail, and someone's going to be unhappy about
something.  We tried to keep it all in perspective. :-)

--Tom