LVM

Where do list members stand on LVM?

The Zimbra Performance Tuning Guidelines recommend ext3 and don't
mention LVM. zimbra.com/forums posts from employees suggest that ext3
has been tested the most and I'm assuming that is without LVM.

I like LVM for growing LUNs but it adds extra layers which make it
slightly more complicated to manage and could add performance overhead.
Some forum posts suggest that zmvolume makes LVM unnecessary but I don't
see how zmvolume addresses a scenario where you need to grow a volume
like the primary message store. As far as I can tell zmvolume allows you
to add another message store but I don't see confirmation on the forum
or documentation which claims you can have a second primary mail store;
just a secondary mail store via HSM. I.e. primary and secondary seem to
imply not only priority but count.

Has anyone expanded a Zimbra volume with LVM or does anyone have
multiple primary and secondary mail stores on the same server?

Thanks,
  John
--
John Fulton, Assoc. Director IT Systems, 610-330-5650
Lafayette College, 11 Pardee Dr, Easton PA 18042-1775