Re: Zimbra with Sun Directory, ... Solaris?

Valuable discussion!

We also decided to keep Zimbra as more or less a turn-key system.  We do use the GAL tie-in to our central directory, which is SunOne, and wish it had a few things which would help with the lookup Eg. knowing which Peter Smith is a student activist, and which Peter Smith is a vice-president or what department (ou) someone belongs to is helpful.  It's on our list to try to address, either via customization or a ZImlet lookup we've read from some of you.  A couple of other priorities are ahead of it right now, but our clients would like this quite a lot.  (My example is a bit dramatic, but we do have some noteworthy naming conflicts.)

PS Robert, we have been a bit gunshy on the upgrades since we had quite a longer than expected outage when we moved from 5.0.4 to 5.0.7  this past summer.  Key piece may be that we have a RH cluster.  We've been frozen at 5.0.7 now since then, with a plan to upgrade to 5.0.11 this winter break.  Do you have any resources which would help us beyond what's publicaly available, which make them stellar at Wayne State?  (Said with a bit of professional envy, since for our clients, especially the heavy Calendar users, I'd love to be able to upgrade every time Zimbra encourages us to do so, which is so far every version :-) )

Gerrit Bos
Lead, Communication and Collaboration Cluster, CCS
Email: gbos@uoguelph.ca
Ph: (519) 824-4120 Ext. 53489