Re: High-volume server settings

On February 17, 2009, Matt Mencel wrote:
> We have 5 mailbox servers, all have several thousand students/staff on them
> and we're not having problems.  What hardware are you running on?
>
> zimbraHttpNumThreads: 250
> zimbraHttpSSLNumThreads: 50
> zimbraImapNumThreads: 200
> zimbraLmtpNumThreads: 20
> zimbraPop3NumThreads: 100
> zimbraScheduledTaskNumThreads: 20

very interesting. from the above I assume you run proxies in front of your
mailboxes? So you have no problem with settings as low as this? What is the
primary method of access of you Zimbra? Is it Web Interface or is it
POP/IMAP ? I'm curious because ours is mainly Web Interface (out of 300
people at least 200 using Web Interface). And we had our thread numbers
bumped. Now I start to think threads are not the issue.

> Have you checked out this...

http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=Performance_Tuning_Guidelines_for_Large_Deployments

yes, that's what we were following including bump in number of HTTP threads on
mailboxes. But apparently out-of-the box is just fine, according you your
numbers. Thank you for that information.

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator