LDAP replication issues

Hey folks,
  We're having some issues trying to get a second LDAP server up in our Zimbra install and I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered anything similar. Essentially, as soon as the LDAP process starts, it launches into its replication (normal). As soon as the replication finishes, the process dies with a seg fault. We've tried this numerous times, and have done several re-installs. The results are always the same. The install of the server never even fully finishes, because LDAP dies before all of the setup can be done.

If I convert the replica into a master after it has died, it will then start and run apparently normally (although, since setup never finished, I haven't tried hooking it into the mailbox server configs - I just wanted to verify it would run).

I don't think this is a Zimbra-specific issue, but I haven't been able to find anything on the openldap forums that seems related either. We do have a lot of large objects though, as all of our maillists (about 15,000) are reflected into Zimbra as well, some of which have many thousands of members. That's why I thought this list might have some ideas, as you all have large installs.

Given that OpenLDAP-2.4 is imminent, and will completely change replication, I don't want to put a tonne of time into this, but it would certainly be nice to be running with more than one LDAP server..

--
Steve Hillman                                IT Architect
hillman@sfu.ca                               IT Infrastructure