From: "Frances Atkinson" <frances@sfu.ca>
To: "Pam Buffington" <pam.buffington@oit.gatech.edu>
Cc: "zimbra-hied-admins" <zimbra-hied-admins@sfu.ca>
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2009 7:36:45 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: Zimbra calendaring and the President's office

Hi Pamela, and others, our President's office went from Eudora/POP for email and a Corporate Time client program for calendaring, to ZWC for everything.

They say the web client is slowing them down to unacceptable levels, resulting in a key secretary having to catch up on the weekends.

Our desktop support staff are testing the President's very large calendar on Outlook as I write. His office does not come from an Outlook environment, so this could be interesting.

Andy from Zimbra emailed me and suggested we try Zimbra Desktop, also upgrade our Zimbra installation to .13 or higher for calendaring performance improvements. We're currently on 5.0.11 and are/were planning to upgrade to 5.0.14 on April 4 (i.e. on our next monthly maintenance window.) I notice that the Zimbra site for Zimbra Desktop says don't put it into production yet - the President's office seems an adventurous place to do so! ZDC is, however, being used successfully by staff supporting an Associate Dean in one of our Faculties. Does anyone have any ZDC experience with key executive users?

Frances