Re: Choice of Zimlet back-end development environment

Hi Steve,

We have not standardized on anything yet and have gone several routes.  I've found #3 to be the most productive.  Of course, we don't have too many Java coders here, so that comment is probably bias.  We've been successful in developing SOAP user/admin integration for Zimbra in:

 a) Java
 b) PHP
 c) Perl

I think the answer to your question lies in what languages your coders are most proficient and how important it is to be able to package the Zimlet.  If distribution is the focus, .JSP packaged Zimlets are the key. However, Java is not necessarily how most orgs code their existing libs, so it would be nice to have a comprehensive library out there with examples of how to interface to Zimbra SOAP in different languages.

-Rob

--
Rob Thompson, Systems Analyst
Enterprise Applications