Re: communications to students?

We do most of our student communication through a separate mailing list software package, we wrote in house. It is a fairly full featured thing, but is main strong point is that it defines list as a SQL query against our data warehouse so we can generate lists that match any combination of demographics we keep track of, from everyone in the University, down to a class section and only for those folks who wear size 12. I'm exaggerating but not much.  The beauty of it is that it generates the correct list member ship for every single mailing from the raw data, so once  list is defined it require not updates.

Vlad Gabrielescu
Rutgers University OIT/CSS, vgabriel@oit.rutgers.edu, 732-445-4785