Re: Zimbra Public Calendar and CAS

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Tim Ross <tross@calpoly.edu> wrote:
We are looking into setting up an Academic Calendar for our campus through Zimbra.  Our current thought is to create a Publicly shared calendar within a department or admin account and then put a link to it in our campus portal (CAS authenticated).

This works great as long as you are authenticated with CAS in the browser you're using. The problem arises when a user bookmarks the link, logs out of the campus portal and then tries to go back to the Academic calendar.  It could also turn out that this will be a calendar that we would want available for parents of students, etc. who would not have a username/password to log into the campus portal in the first place.  The problem is that when the calendar is displayed, the css file associated with the Public calendar layout does not get loaded and the calendar looks pretty ugly.  Has anyone else out there run into a similar situation and figured out a way around this?  I'm wondering if I can just copy a certain css file into a different directory on the mailstore servers.

Why not just share the calendar with "Public" and "Viewer" permissions, and just post the generated link onto a public website?

That way, Zimbra handles all the formatting and serving up of the page.  And it's updated instantly whenever the owner of the calendar updates it.

Not sure why you'd need to worry about the CSS files (it's all on the Zimbra server) or the CAS portal.

Or am I missing something in what you are trying to do?

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com