Re: Zimbra 6 and BES

To clarify....our Zimbra uses an external LDAP for GAL and GALSync.  GALSync in 5.0 queried the external ldap server with a filter like (&(mail=*)(accountType=employee)).  Zimbra no longer sends that GALSync query with that filter we created, so instead of trying to pull a few thousand entries, it pulls(or tries to) over 70,000.....which takes more than an hour.  And it makes that query every 5 minutes.

Matt

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Mencel" <MR-Mencel@wiu.edu>
To: "zimbra-hied-admins" <zimbra-hied-admins@sfu.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:20:24 AM
Subject: Zimbra 6 and BES

Is anyone running BES against a 6.0.x multi-server setup?  We're having problems....it may be due to some old GALSync settings we had set manually from CLI back in 5.0 and now 6.0 has GALSync built in to the admin interface.  Our BES server is unable to pull the GAL from Zimbra.

Just curious.

Matt Mencel
Western Illinois University