Re: Large Zimbra deployments on VM

On 2010-02-23 at 13:48:56, A. Daniel King wrote:
> 3300+ accounts
> RAM sizing: Don't do less than 16GB on a mail store.
> Five or six mail stores seems to be sufficient for our environment,
> ~800-900 accounts per VM

I was surprised to see those points together. I definitely agree on the
16 GB (or more--we use 24 GB) per mail store. But running 5 or 6
mailstores just for 3,300 accounts? Is a digit missing from the number
of accounts?

>I've had several tickets open with Zimbra support regarding upgrading
>to Zimbra v6 from our 5.0.19NE, and we've not yet received a clear
>recommendation

I'm also curious about what sort of issues you expect; maybe someone in
this group can offer advice. We upgraded from 5.0.16 to 6.0.3 a few
months ago and it went well. Usually for upgrades we keep the system
running as much as possible during the upgrade, but for that one we took
the entire Zimbra cluster offline. It ended up going fairly quickly.

--
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 118, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley@drake.edu