Re: Zimbra 5.x to 6.0.6

Just want to close the loop for my email regarding performance problem after we upgraded to 6.0.6.

Our performance problem was caused by ~2000 ZCO 5.0 accounts.  Although each mailbox server only has less than 200 ZCO users and concurrent SyncGAL requests is less than 5, when they do full GAL sync (ZCO 5.0.x does not use galsync cache account) to download 63,000 entries from external Ldap, it kills the server because of the high demand on memory.

It seems that either ZCS 6.0.7 requires more memory to operate, or ZCO 5.0.x all of sudden want to do full sync after the server upgrade.

Regardless the reason, the performance hit for us was major and we had to curfew on ZCO GAL sync. We run a cron job to turn off zimbraFeatureGalSyncEnabled at 7am and turn on at 7pm. After that change, all performance problem went away.

Our next step is to enable galsync account on production and slowly migrate ZCO 5.0 users to ZCO 6.0 which allow paginated retrieval of GAL contacts.

Xueshan