Interest in a Zimbra roundtable at LISA conference

For the last couple of years, I've hosted a Zimbra BoF (Birds of a Feather) evening session at the annual LISA conference. For those unfamiliar with LISA, it is probably the best conference out there for systems administrators. I've been going for a dozen years and still come away with useful practical information every year. Many of the lead developers of a lot of the open source software that Zimbra uses have had or continue to have a presence at LISA. You can find out more about the conference at http://www.usenix.org/lisa

Last year, on my way to LISA, I stopped in San Jose and met with some of the Zimbra engineers and product managers to discuss issues relevant to our site, future product direction, etc. Once I got to LISA, I shared this with the BoF group and it seemed to be much appreciated.

This year, LISA is located in San Jose, Nov 7-12, which means there may be an opportunity here to organize a group discussion with both technical staff from a number of hi-ed sites as well as interested members of the Zimbra team. The purpose of this message is to determine how much interest exists. If it's sufficient, I'll contact the Zimbra folks (some are actually on this list anyway) and see if something can be organized.  From looking at the LISA schedule so far, Monday evening looks the best, followed possibly by Wednesday. Tuesday and Thursday are already pretty full.

--
Steve Hillman                                IT Architect
hillman@sfu.ca                               IT Infrastructure