Re: mail cleanup?

When our users get close to their quota we usually increase their space (up to a point) we send them an automated message (with the date adjusted to be a year prior to the current date).

Many of our users have a lot of storage in their Sent folders.  If you want to view (or perhaps remove) all mail in your sent folder older than one year ago, type the following in the Search box in Zimbra:

before:"1/28/11" in:sent

You can then delete all or some messages shown via that search if you desire.

Paul Chauvet
UNIX & Linux Systems Administrator
Computer Services
State University of New York at New Paltz

Phone: (845) 257-3828
chauvetp@newpaltz.edu

Are folks doing anything to help people clear out old mail, or just
letting it grow?

I created a saved search for "All messages from last year", thinking
that I could use it to easily save all the messages of the last year
into a folder, then some time later it'd be really easy to delete.
Are folks doing something similar?  Is there a way to push a saved
search out to all accounts?  Or possibly it might be better to create
a zimlet that would do this, and then share that zimlet out to
everybody?  Thoughts?

Amos