Re: Photos in the 7.1.x GAL

If you have a test Zimbra account, I can take a look.

As for as Address book goes, I remember there was some bug that about photos of GAL address are not being displayed in AB.

- Raja

From: "Rich Graves" <rgraves@carleton.edu>
To: "Raja Rao" <raja.rao@zimbra.com>
Cc: zimbra-hied-admins@sfu.ca
Sent: Thursday, August 4, 2011 11:47:46 AM
Subject: Re: Photos in the 7.1.x GAL

See also http://www.zimbra.com/forums/administrators/50343-photos-global-address-list.html

> PS: If you have entire photo url itself in LDAP, then you don't need any Zimlet, but then you can configure step1 to directly return photoUrl.

Our IdM guy will whine, but this is much better than importing the actual bits, thanks. Does this require 7.1.2, or should it work on 7.1.1 as well?

On a 7.1.1 P2 test server, with +zimbraGalLdapAttrMap 'randomunusedattribute=photoUrl':
- The attribute synchronizes
- I see that a "Photo Url" (with space) line gets added to the address book lookup results
- Clicking on the hyperlinked URL brings up the photo

However:

- I still see the Faceless Blue Man, both in the address book interface and in the People Search.

Browser cache was dumped and zmmailboxd was restarted.
--
Rich Graves http://claimid.com/rcgraves
Carleton.edu Sr UNIX and Security Admin