Re: Zimbra at Educause? was Re: Zimbra at VMworld 2013 - SanFran

I did receive a message off-list from Andrew Hawthorn indicating that
Zimbra/Telligent will still be at VMworld (see below) and they will have
more content at Telligent's user conference (Sept 23-25 in Dallas, TX).

The Telligent conference was also mentioned on the Zimbra Announcements
Forum (http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announcements/):

----------------------------
|Date: Last edited by robhoward; 07-17-2013 at 02:26 PM.
|Introductions: Rob Howard - Zimbra, CTO
|
|    Hi Everyone,
|
|    I just wanted to briefly introduce myself:
|
|    My name is Rob Howard (email: rob@zimbra.com | twitter: robhoward)
| and I'm the founder and CTO of Telligent. Telligent is a company I
| started in 2004 when we created the first integrated suite of social
| / community capabilities (forums, wikis, blogs, profiles, etc.).
| We've evolved quite a bit since then, but an area that I was always
| interested in was deeper integration with email.
|
|    The opportunity to acquire Zimbra is enabling us to do 2 things
| (1) continue investing and growing a great business with Zimbra's
| collaboration product (2) integrate social functionality where
| appropriate (this is my longer term vision for the 'social business'
| market).
|
|    For customers that want to use Zimbra as a collaboration platform,
| we're not changing that. For customers that want to use Zimbra as part
| of an integrated social business capability, we are going to add
| integrations with Telligent's social business platform. To start with,
| these are things like single sign-on, integrated search and building
| on the existing Zimlet capabilities.
|
|    Overtime, I know there are some really exciting new things we'll
| be adding. We're going to share more of our roadmap and talk about
| some of these integrations at our annual customer conference. Now that
| the acquisition is public, we are in the process of adding a Zimbra
| specific track (which will be updated soon):
|    Telligent Customer Conference (http://telligent.com/bigsocial/)
|
|    You will also see Zimbra getting back to its roots. I've already
| communicated to my product team that being active in the developer
| community is something that is very important to us for a numer of
| reasons. I'll be active in this forum, as will my team.
|
|    I've gotten a lot of emails over the past couple of days and I'll
| do my best to reply to everyone.
|
|    Thanks,
|    Rob

So this looks very promising,
Brian

Brian Berndt
Messaging Systems Administrator
Purdue University - ITaP - IT Infrastructure Services